Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Foodie Adventures: Queenstown Public House

As a passionate foodie, discovering and trying out different eats is one of my favorite things to do. There's something so exciting about perusing a menu, ordering an eye-catching (or taste bud-tingling?) item, watching the waiter bring your food with hawk eyes, and finally taking a bite of the long-awaited dish. On top of that, nothing makes me quite as happy as a good meal with friends and family. I think having delicious food around generally puts people in a good mood, laying the foundation for lots of laughter and conversation. 



So, here's the first of my food adventures I'm sharing on the blog! I recently went to Queenstown Public House in downtown San Diego for brunch with my family last weekend. First of all, the aesthetic was ON POINT. Everything about the place gave off vintage, homey vibes. All the decor was so unique. There were even little sheep on the ceiling!



Now, let's talk about the food. Brunch is available on the weekends until 2 PM. Even though we got there around 1 which is way past breakfast time, I couldn't pass the opportunity to indulge on some French toast, one of my favorite breakfast foods. The French toast was made with chewy, sweet slices of challah bread, and served with some strawberries, bacon, and a cinnamon whipped butter spread. The combination of the custardy, toasted challah with the cinnamon spread was SO DAMN GOOD. 


We also ordered the Cowboy Breakfast, served in a cast iron dish. Texas toast is covered in a delicious béchamel sauce, then topped with a seasoned flank steak, grilled onions, blue cheese crumbles, and a sunny side egg. The combination of all these elements was heavenly. Super flavorful and creamy.



The last dish we ordered was the Double BLT with Egg. Although it looked delicious, it didn't taste as great. It was a lot more greasy than I would have liked. I ended up taking it apart and eating it with some of the béchamel sauce from the Cowboy Toast. The grits that were served on the side were amazing though. I only recently discovered the world of polenta/grits, and am pretty obsessed with the creamy, comforting taste. 


Overall, I had a wonderful experience at Queenstown. The food was super flavorful and definitely satisfied my need for something delicious and indulgent that always intensifies as soon as the weekend hits. I loved everything about the restaurant's appearance, from the decor to how the food was presented. It's definitely a great place to go for a casual brunch on the weekend with some friends, especially if you swoon over aesthetic-Instagrammy places. It's also right next to the Little Italy Farmers Market that runs on the weekends. It was great to walk around and see what the vendors were selling after the delicious meal at Queenstown.



1557 Columbia Street
San Diego, CA 92101
b/t Beech St & Cedar St
Little Italy

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST POST!! I so enjoyed reading it and your food looked amazing! dying over the French toast right now 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete