Saturday, October 14, 2017

Pumpkin Bread


Even though LA weather didn't get the memo that it's the middle of October, making this pumpkin bread will for sure get you into the fall spirit.


My week has been pretty chill with the worst of midterms over, but it doesn't seem so with the rest of the world. I don't think we've had so much bad news just one after another in one year. The sheer amount of natural disasters, and then the shooting, and now the wildfires in California. What the heck is going on?!?

I'm not really sure how to segue from such a depressing subject to something like pumpkin bread, so here it is. SEGUE.

Now that it's full on fall, I was craving everything pumpkin spice. I'm basic af and unashamed (or ph of 12 as my sunday club gals would say). After doing some super scientific research on pumpkin bread recipes, I decided to go with the one by Sally's Baking Addiction. It had rave reviews, and from my experience her recipes have always been reliable and given great results. No surprise, this pumpkin bread was amazing! Not a dry crumb in sight, packed with pumpkin 'n spice, the flavors of fall packaged into one loaf of bread. And the flavors get even better and deeper as the days go by. But trust me, this won't last very long.


I love making toast concoctions, so I pimped up a slice of this pumpkin bread by spreading some peanut butter, sprinkling brown butter maple granola on top, and finishing it off with a drizzle of honey. With a cup of hot coffee, I was on cloud nine. 


If you need a little comfort and solace from all that is going on in the world, bake this pumpkin bread and I promise it'll warm up your day.

Recipe
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

1 3/4 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1/4 cup orange juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, spices, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk both sugars and eggs until combined. Whisk in pumpkin, oil, and orange juice.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and fold until just combined. Don't overmix!
4. Pour batter into your loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on a cooling rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment